AQMesh is very simple to install: one of our users installed 20 pods in London in a morning. There are some simple steps and the video shows how easy it is to get up and running:
- Unpack, screw on antenna and remove pod from mounting (single security screw)
- Select location and secure mounting
- Connect battery and start initialisation sequence (10 minutes)
- Mount pod in position (single security screw)
- Log onto the AQMesh server to enter location coordinates and check data is transmitting
- Wait for data to stabilise (automatic flag)
Watch the 1 minute video:
Standard operating procedure
Please view the standard operating procedure which provides users with all the necessary information to get the best results with AQMesh.
Readings can be from as short an interval as 1 minute. The default setting is hourly readings, as this maximises the battery life and is suitable for most applications.
Transmission intervals can also be set by the user – the default is hourly.
Changing pod settings
User access is by secure login. Permission levels can be set by user to allow access to be restricted if required.
Online access allows the following to be viewed or changed:
- GPRS connectivity and data transmission frequency
- Reading frequency
- Sensor serial number (this must be changed if a sensor is replaced in order to pick up individual sensor characteristics)
- Time zone
- ppb to µg/m3
- View graphs and compare pods
- Download data
Online user access to the pod is available on two levels:
1) Default settings
As simple as possible for any user
2) Advanced settings are accessible by all users
- Allows improvement in accuracy through scaling
- When co-location with a reference station is possible
- Scaling using regression analysis
More advice on how to use scaling on AQMesh in Advanced mode is in Online support and user FAQs
AQMesh pods can be powered in various ways. This allows flexibility of location, dependent on application or project type. The table gives an indication of how long a pod will remain powered using the different power options available.
Please contact us if you would like more information.
|Power option||Gas only operation||Gas and / or particles operation|
|Lithium thionyl chloride – single pack||2+ years||1-4 months *|
|Additional lithium pack – multiple pack||10+ years||6 -24 months *|
|NiMH rechargeable battery pack||4 months||2 days – 1 month *|
|Alkaline battery pack **||1 year||TBC|
|12V DC, eg: solar supply (can be converted to 110/240V AC mains power on site by user)||Indefinite. NB: data is stored for later transmission when power is off but no new readings are taken|
* Depends on settings: reading frequency and data transmission ** Not suitable for cold climate applications
More information is available for users about AQMesh operation at online support and user FAQs.